Risk Assessment Carried out on 19/08/2020
Passing infection from teacher to student/parent
- Wash hands before and between lessons
- Stay two metres away from student
- Use two pianos
- Sit side by side not face to face
- Wear a mask for close work
Passing infection from student/parent to teacher
- Sanitise hands when entering the studio
- Remain within marked area
- Bring only what is needed for each lesson.
- You will make your own practice notes in lessons
- Students in secondary school should wear a mask until seated at the piano
Passing infection from student to student
- Avoid close contact between lessons
- Clean piano keys, piano, seats and door handles after each lesson.
- The doors will remain open between lessons for the room to air. This will lower the temperature of the room so please wear a jumper.
Passing infection to others in the house
- Enter the studio only by the French windows. Other doors into the house will be locked.
- Remain in the marked area in the music room.
- Use the toilet before coming to your lesson.
Passing infection through books etc.
- Bring what you need for your lesson.
- Bring a notebook – you will make your own notes.
- Music borrowed from me will be scanned and emailed to you, or printed here after hand sanitising.
- Make sure you have a pencil with you.
- Until you are sure of the name of every note keep your keyboard plan on the music desk.
Passing infection through piano keys, chairs, door handles
- Every surface will be cleaned between lessons.
- I have provided a wooden piano stool and hard chairs (sorry!) for up to two adults or siblings. These should stay within the marked area.
Please help social distancing with our neighbours and use the garden entrance when coming to your lessons. Park in the church lay by and do not use the drive.
Parents and siblings are welcome to sit in the garden if the weather is okay. I am happy to escort children to and from their lessons from the church lay by - just call me when you arrive. I have just bought a powerful torch!
Remember that online lessons are still an option and might be particularly useful during the winter snuffles season. Just text me before your lesson.